Planning your week….
Monday 10/26 Bring a printed copy of your speech
Tuesday 10/27 Speech writer's workshop and peer editing
Wednesday 10/28 Vocab quiz Unit 8 words
Friday 10/30 Have a copy of The Great Gatsby in class
Weekly learning goals:
ELAGSE11-12W1: Write arguments to support claims in an analysis of substantive topics or texts, using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence.
ELAGSE11-12L3: Apply knowledge of language to understand how language functions in different contexts, to make effective choices for meaning or style, and to comprehend more fully when reading or listening.
ELAGSE11-12L4: Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grades 11-12 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies
1. Vocab quiz over Unit 8 words
2. Review mock EOC results
3. Ted Talk Lessons in speaking
1. 2nd period Am. Lit class will attend a special performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream
2. 4th period grammar boot camp
1. Intro to Gatsby and review of Modern Lit.