M 3/13—Research Annotated Sources check
T &W 3/14 & 15—Bring 5 Steps to a 5 to class
F 3/17—Research Analysis Notes due
Monday, March 13
- Next Steps in Research: Analysis Notes. Review pp. 12-13 in the research packet. Due Friday.
- Annotated Sources Check
- Visual Rhetoric Lesson
a. complete the OPTIC handout with Upfront magazine
b. complete the World View political cartoon questions from Upfront magazine
c. complete the Visual Rhetoric brainstorm sheet for the research paper. (Visual rhetoric for research due T 3/21. See packet p. 16.)
Homework: Bring 5 Steps to a 5 tomorrow.
Tuesday, March 14
- Read “The President vs. The Press” in Upfront magazine.
- Read the primary source document “A Free and Unrestrained Press” and answer the questions that follow.
- Recap Media Debate Week. What general feeling do we have regarding the current tensions between the press and the president?
- Multiple Choice Strategies (You will take a full length MC on Friday): Read Tackling Multiple Choice Passages and Multiple Choice Test-Taking Strategies handouts.
- Read pp. 41-49 in 5 Steps to a 5.
- At the bottom of page 48, the strategy suggests writing multiple choice questions of your own. Using either one of the articles about the press, create two multiple choice questions.
Wednesday, March 15
- Multiple Choice Practice in 5 Steps to a 5:
- Read the passage on p. 179.
- Read the question stems ONLY. Do not read answer choices.
- For each question on p. 180, label the type of question. Underline the portion of the passage to which the question pertains.
- BEFORE reading the answer choices, write an answer to the question stem.
- Finally, read the answer choices and select the one that best corresponds to your written answer.
- Repeat steps c-f for the passage and questions on pp. 181-182; 183-185; and 186-187.
- Check answers on pp. 197-199. Write an explanation for each question you missed. What confused you? Why did you pick the wrong answer?
Thursday, March 16
- Meet in Lab 9129 (Tatum & Walter combined).
- Next Steps: Literature Review. See p. 14 in research packet. Due Tuesday for peer editing.
- Compose Research Analysis notes.
Friday, March 17
- Peer edit and turn in Research Analysis notes.
- Full length Multiple Choice