M 2/27-- The Craft of Research pp. 36-50
T 2/28—Research Proposal due
W 3/1—Thematic Reading paper assignment due at 11:59 p.m.
F 3/3—Rhetorical Précis # 2 due
M 3/6--They Say, I Say ch. 1 due; Thematic Reading peermark assignment due at 11:59 p.m.
F 3/10—Thematic Reading revision assignment due at 11:59 p.m.
Monday, February 27
- Review The Craft of Research pp. 36-50
- Debate Week Preparation: Is media trustworthy?
- Debate Week teams, plans, and structure
- Use the laptop cart computers to find three articles related to media, fake news, truth in journalism
Tuesday, February 28
1. Research Proposal due
2. Proposal Vetting
3. Take debate notes with your team.
Wednesday, March 1
- Meet in Lab # 9129
- Review p. 4-5 in research packet.
- Find two scholarly articles.
- Begin writing Rhetorical Précis # 2
Thursday, March 2
- Form debate teams: Pro=Yes, Media is good. Con=No, Media is not good.
- Discuss with team: Pro=is it ok as is or should something be added? Con=what should be done instead?
- Further break teams into like solutions—4 or 6 teams.
- Teams fill in debate sheet and prepare for tomorrow’s discussion.
Friday, March 3
- Rhetorical Précis # 2 due.
- Formal Debates