Planning Your Week
ASAP: Please sign your syllabus here.
Thursday, 1/11: Streetcar rhetorical precis due w/Socratic discussion
Friday, 1/12: In the Lake sticky notes due
Monday, 1/8 School closed due to weather. Enjoy your day off!
Tuesday, 1/9--Bring both Streetcar and In the Lake of the Woods today. You'll have some time to read.
Opener: complete ½ length multiple choice.
- In small groups, complete the Streetcar reread guide.
- Discuss observations to prepare for the Socratic seminar.
- Reading time for In the Lake of the Woods (or Streetcar if you need it)
Opener: Review pre-course assignment for sticky notes: characterization, setting, literary elements, summaries, questions.
- Sort range finders for sample sticky notes.
- Read/analyze sections from the opening chapters of ItLotW; compose sticky notes for group discussion, placing them on the posters
Opener: Gather materials for Socratic discussion.
- Review précis structure.
- Write a class précis on a literature criticism of In the Lake of the Woods
- Construct 5 deep questions on A Streetcar Named Desire.
- Respond to 2 in outlined form: one of mine and one of yours. :)
- Work on Streetcar article précis
Opener: Turn in sticky note assessment for ItLotW.
- Participate in Socratic discussion of A Streetcar Named Desire.
- Intro 30 seconds of Streetcar
- Read "Young Goodman Brown" and the literary theory chapter in Pearson. Bring your book today!
Closer: Reflect on your performance and expand your thinking, adding to your response to the discussion question.