Click here for pre-course assignments for all classes.
Planning your week:
M 11/14-Th 11/17 Novel Museum Presentations continue
Th 11/17 Research papers due--see the checklist to make sure you attend to some details; review the rubric for required elements
Tuesday, November 8—Student Holiday/Election Day
Wednesday, November 9—Thursday, November 17
- Present museum research projects.
Learning Goal(s): Create an engaging, interactive presentation to present your findings to the class.
Friday, November 18
Learning Goal(s): Understand essential elements of theatre of the absurd and apply them to your own social commentary.
- Warm-up: Review absurdity and how it manifests itself in current literature/film.
- Finish performing absurd plays.
- Introduce Heart of Darkness; begin reading Book 1, answering questions & identifying quotes.
- Introduce Hamlet and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
*Homework: Read Heart of Darkness Book 1 by Wednesday, November 30; finish quotes & questions to prepare for a reading quiz.
Learning goal(s): Draw conclusions about symbols and themes by analyzing textual evidence.
Thanksgiving Break!!! Enjoy!!!!