'Twas thrilling, and the sugary maples
Did plummet and shift in the timberland;
All stately were the origins,
And the planks forcefully transferred.
We sliced the cake, after we had sung "Happy Birthday", and now we're getting ready to open presents.
Had I written faster on the essay I would have passed the exam.
1)‘Twas exciting, and the shiny gadgets
Did help and support in the fight
All in a neat formation
And the enemies were forced to surrender
2) We ran a mile, after we did ten push-ups, and now we are going home to take a shower.
3) Had I practiced more for the concert, I would have not messed up my solo.
-Twas magnificent and the gigantic flowers
Did blossom and grow in the garden;
All gorgeous were their petals,
And the bees enjoyed their nectar.
-We turned in our test, before we went to lunch and now we are starting the new unit.
-Had I prepared my lesson beforehand, I would have been able to teach my class.
1.'Twas heavenly, and the enchanting aroma
Did surround and capture the people's attention;
All previous conversations ceased,
And the people lusted after the succulent food.
2.We went shopping at the mall, after that we ate at Cookout and now we're getting ready for the party.
3.Had I did my homework on Friday, I would have been able to relax on Sunday.
1. 'Twas lovely and the sparkling pearls,
Did shine and sparkle in the light;
All magnificent were their shells,
And the chain shines bright.
2. I got paid on friday, and now i'm cashing my check so I have money to spend when we go shopping later.
3. Had I eaten lunch earlier, I wouldn't be as hungry right now.
1-‘Twas exhilarating, and the chilling weather
Did frame and surround the house;
All gathered around the fireplace,
All the friends huddled for warmth.
2- We ate breakfast at home, after that we went to the mall and now we are getting ready for dinner.
3- Had I stretched before rehearsal, I would have executed the routine better.
1. 'Twas inspirational, and the underdog fighter,
Did strike and bash in the octagon;
All devastating were the shots,
And the opponent was forced into submission.
2. I won the fight, after months of preparation, and now I am going to Disney World to celebrate.
3. Had I not trained, I wouldn't be in such good shape right now.
1. Twas nerve racking, and the bad team,
Did hit and fight in the stadium,
All perfect were the plays,
And overtime would commence.
2. After debating for hours, Donald insulted his competition, and now he will insult Hillary, where he may bring up Monica Lewinsky.
3. Had I not studied, I would've failed the exam.
1. 'Twas exhilarating, and the star shooter,
Did cross and gather in the game;
All spectacular were the moves,
And the performance reigned incredible.
2. I tweeted about the game after the Lakers lost, and now my audience is getting upset with me, next time I won't say that Kobe is the greatest of all time.
3. Had I not tweeted ridiculous claims, my fan base would not be upset with me.
1. Twas thrilling and the noisy crowd
Did cheer and shout in the stands;
All happy were the fans
And the team they rooted for.
2. We looked at the door, after hearing a doorbell ring, and we had a miserable feeling in our guts.
3. Had I realized my obesity earlier, I would not have continued to eat McDonalds.
1.'Twas invigorating, and the competing teams,
Did jeer and quarrel in the game;
All cheering were the fans,
And the fourth quarter began.
2. We picked up our kids after their long day of school, and now we are heading to the movies, where we plan to get grandiose amounts of popcorn.
3. Had I not seen the car, I wouldn't desire it so badly.
'Twas talented and the key player
Did shoot and score in the hoop;
All parents were the cheerleaders
And the team won the game
We packed up for a long road trip, and now we are heading back home, because we need more clothes.
Had I won the game, I wouldn't feel this guilt.
1. ‘Twas storming, and the dark sky,
Did thunder and flash in the night;
All destructive were the floods,
And the lives washed away.
2. We started the car, after we had loaded the bags and now we’re leaving for the road trip.
3. Had I not lost concentration, I would made the game winning free-throw.
1. ‘Twas brilliant, and the sly turtles
Did glide and explore in the lake;
All smug were the beavers;
And the water was at peace.
2. I started playing video games, after I got home from work and now I am taking a much needed shower.
3. Had I read the instructions, I would have built the toy correctly.
1. Twas beautiful, and the setting sun
Did enchant and engulf the sky;
All enthralled were the eyes,
And the happiness was shared.
2. We watched the sky, after eating dinner, and now we’re going to sleep under the stars.
3. Had I done what my date said, I would of gotten a kiss from her.
‘Twas quiet, and clam
Did the baby slumber;
All snuggled and warm,
And mom peeking through the door.
1. We read quietly, after taking our test, and now we are waiting for the bell to ring.
2. Had I cleaned my room, I wouldn’t be getting yelled at right now.
1. 'Twas starlight and the milky sky
Did feel peaceful and awake
All silent were the critters
And the air sweet to breathe
2.She commenced the piece, after dinner began and at this time she is crying in the garden.
3.Had I done my chores earlier, I would be able to go out with my boyfriend.
Twas memorable, and the encouraging player
Did motivate and rally the team
All proud were the spectators
And the team came back to win
We played on the field, after playing our game, and now we're going to eat at a restraunt
Had I listened to what coach said, I would have not gotten the penalty
1. 'Twas horrifying, and the gigantic wombat,
Did terrify and chase the children;
All maimed were the people,
and the wombat was pleased.
2. He ran from the wombat, after leaving his wife, and now we are fleeing together.
3. Had I eaten breakfast before I left, I would have been able to run from the wombat much more quickly.
1) ‘Twas decadent, and the sweet scent of fresh rain,
Did linger and sway in the delicate breeze;
All immaculate flaws were infused in its dance,
And idealistic expectation deafeningly silenced.
2) We all embraced, after we received our diplomas, and now we are going to take pictures.
3) Had I started to get ready earlier, I would have been on time.
'Twas ominous, and the eerie silence
Did creep and crawl in the unknown;
All alone stood the boy,
And the light not shown.
Had he foreseen the tragedy, he would have made the right decision and now he will live with the consequences.
Had I stayed on the same path, I would not be the person I am today.
1.Twas chilly, and the dark night
Did stir and rumble in the night;
All trees were the shadows,
And the moon was bright.
2. After the party ended, we are saying our goodbyes and then we will get in our cars and go home.
3. Had I known it was going to rain, I would have brought an umbrella.
1) 'Twas brilliant and the sparkling jewels
Did shine and gleam in the moonlight;
All opulent were the stones
And her eyes glistened in their presence
2) We successfully ran the marathon after we had trained for months, and now we feel accomplished and are going to celebrate.
3) Had I not procrastinated last night, I would have finished my homework.
Twas hastily, and the fast runners
Did run and push in the race
And speedy were the leaders
And the chasers painfully kicked
First we overthrew the unfair government and now we are seizing land from the fat bourgeois, and then we will remove all church influence.
Had I not died so abruptly, I would not have been succeeded by such a tyrannical, revolution ruining, dictator.
1.‘Twas magical, and the splashing waves
Did roll and crash in the sea;
All repetitive were their motions,
And the boat’s bow swayed.
2. We brushed off the sand, after we had spent all day at the beach, and now we’re heading over to the ice cream parlor, where we will cool down and enjoy the gorgeous Summer day.
3. Had I woken up earlier, I wouldn’t have lost my glasses in a rush to get to school.
1) T'was beautiful and wavy hair
Did flow and blow in the wind;
And shoulders were the throne,
covered by the waves of hair.
2) I wiped away the dirt, after I spent the last hour playing with my dog, and now I have to go take a shower, where I can wash away all the grime.
3) Had I known it was going to be hot, I wouldn't have worn jeans.
1. 'Twas bright, and the twinkling stars
Did shine and glisten in the sky
All round was the moon
And the universe sleeps outside.
2. We bought the cake, and after celebrating her birthday, we will go home.
3. Had I started my homework earlier, I would not be staying up late.
1. 'Twas sweltering, and the leathery tourists did simmer and stew in the sand; all burnt were the beach goers, and the sun cooked onward.
2. I prayed for those mortals, after all I had done for them, and now they shall suffer the consequences, where an eternal misery awaits them.
3. Had I repented for my sins, I would not be drowned by my sorrowful guilt and shame.
1) 'Twas morning, and the lovely grass
Did shine and dance in the wind;
All ready were the players
And the game was at hand.
2) Although you did not consult me, I accept your idea because it will help me to complete the project.
3) Had I been there, she would not be hurt.
1) 'Twas unnerving, and the shivering child
Did cower and flinch in the closet;
All dark was the room
And the moon shown through the curtains.
2) We went to lunch, after spending months apart, and now we plan to catch up again soon.
3) Had I been more efficient with my time, I would not have needed to submit my assignment late.
1) 'Twas midnight, and the salty waves
Did crash and recede in the night;
All inky was the water
And the fish dynamic.
2) We went down to the water, started setting up our beach towels, and now we are laying in the sand and will soon head to the water.
3) If I had put sunblock on, I would not have burned
1.) 'Twas rowdy, and the ecstatic crowd
Did cheer and chant in the stadium;
All ready was the team
and the tournament upcoming.
2.) I will have to go to the store because I have refused to before, and am busy now
3.) had I went to bed early, the time change wouldn't have impacted me
lol I originally did this on the harrison ap lang discourse page - didn't realize there were multiple locations :-)
1. Twas somber, and the moonlit pond
did dance and glow in the distance;
all quiet were the trees,
and the distant wolves sang.
2. We spoke with the owner of the restaurant, who indicates that the guy who messed our food up would be disciplined, so we will to leave feeling mostly chill about the whole thing.
3. Had I followed directions carefully the first time, I would not have had to lie to customer service in order to get my money back.
1. 'Twas beautiful, and the bright sun
Did shine and glow in the sky;
All playful were the children,
And waves crashed to shore.
2. I ate breakfast, after I got dressed, and now I am about to leave for school.
3. Had I known that I was going to do bad on my psychology test, I would have studied more.
'Twas beauty and the silly youth
Did shine and love in the simplest way
All hearts were the same
And no fence big or small could keep the apart
We fell in love, now we sit in silence, then he will tell why he loves me
Had I known about his reputation as the towns thief, I would have stayed away
'Twas liberty, and the promised freedom
Did tempt and sway in the Second Continental Congress;
All despised was George's kingdom,
And now that hated despot doth stress.
We resumed writing after we had taken a brief recess and now we are ignoring the loyalist haters which will surely be a major key in the future.
Had I known I would die on the same day as John Adams, though the fiftieth anniversary of my favorite declaration, I would have cried because he was a loser.
1. twas fantastic and brilliant in the way she spoke
Did sound eloquent and confident
all intrigued were her peers
and the optimistic aura in the room.
2. We went on a vacation,, after spending all of last week working, and now we plan to have a nice weekend.
3. Had I not procrastinated, I would have finished my work earlier and been able to relieve most of my stress.
1. 'Twas brilliant, and the Christmas lights
Did twinkle and shine among the darkness;
All cheerful were the children,
And the silent night peaceful.
2. We visited the lake, after camping in the mountains, and now we are going to go camping.
3. Had I studied more for my test, I would have gotten a better grade.
"Twas calm and the quiet room
Did sit and ponder in the silence
All questioning were the thoughts
And the quiet room waits
2. I talked with my friend after I walked into school where I will take a test.
3. Had I practiced more, I would have gotten a hit.
1. 'Twas dazzling and the sparkling pearls,
Did gleam and sparkle in the light;
All amazing were their shells,
And the chain shines bright.
2. I played basketball on friday, and now i'm play football so I can officially become a multi-sport athlete
3. Had I done my homework earlier, I wouldn't be struggling right now.
Mrs. Walter's AP Language Students gather here to talk about their readings and try new writing techniques.