T 2/6 – ZINC vocabulary due by 11:59 p.m.
W 2/7 -- Bring rough draft of EA2 argument essay to class for peer editing
F 2/9 – Final draft of EA2 argument essay due to Turnitin.com; independent reading project written portion due to Turnitin.com by 11:59 p.m.; bring the completed project to class today; NoRedInk phrases and clauses quiz due by 11:59 p.m.
Monday, February 5, 2018
Opener: Review types of evidence, formal language, argument structure, lead-ins, MLA format, citations.
- SB: Draft EA2 argument essay using the graphic organizer.
HOMEWORK: Complete NoRedInk phrases and clauses quiz by 11:59 p.m.; bring rough draft of EA2 argument to class Wednesday; first set of ZINC due tomorrow evening.
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Opener: Participate in orientation to the learning commons.
- Research Opposing Viewpoints database for additional evidence for your argument.
- Continue drafting the argument.
HOMEWORK: First set of ZINC due 11:59 p.m.
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Opener: IAN: Write a 202 word story
- SB: Intro to fiction: review plot diagram, compare points of view, and discuss style (SB p.97 & 99-102).
- Peer editing arguments
HW: Final draft of EA2 argument due Thursday to Turnitin.com (hard copy in class on Friday); IR project written portion due to Turnitin.com Thursday, due for presentation in class Friday.
Thursday, February 8, 2018
Opener: LAB 9234
- Complete Q1 Touchstone
- Work on IR project and submit one-pager to Turnitin.com.
- Complete punctuating clauses practice/quiz in No Red Ink.
HW: Final draft of EA2 argument due tonight to Turnitin.com; IR project written portion due to Turnitin.com Thursday, due for presentation in class Friday.
UPDATED SAMPLE WORKS CITED
Friday, February 9, 2018
Opener: IR: Set up IR projects; gallery walk to discover new titles.
- SB: Read “The Stolen Party” (with alternate reading plan), composing levels of questions as you read.
- SB: Discuss the story, completing the text dependent questions under “Second Read,” “Working from the Text,” and “Check Your Understanding.”
- SB: Compose a response to the EOC Narrative Writing prompt.
HW: Work on ZINC 2nd set.